Flexible Denture: A Hope for Partial Edentulous Patient- A Case Report
The various treatment options for the aesthetic and functional rehabilitation of partially edentulous patients are conventional fixed partial dentures, implant supported fixed partial dentures and removable partial dentures. In some cases, removable partial dentures may be the only choice which is available other than implants and fixed partial denture. Removable cast partial dentures are used as definitive removable prostheses when indicated, but location of clasps is not aesthetically pleasant. So, when patient is concerned about aesthetics, flexible partial dentures which is aesthetically superior may be considered. But for the success of flexible removable partial denture, proper diagnosis, treatment planning, insertion, wearing and maintenance of this prosthesis is very important.
2. Singh K, Aeran H, Kumar N, Gupta N. Flexible Thermoplastic Denture Base Materials for Aesthetical Removable Partial Denture Framework. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 2013; 7(10): 2372-3.
3. Jain AR. Flexible Denture for Partially Edentulous Arches - Case Reports. International Journal of Recent Advances in Multidisciplinary Research 2015; 2(1):182-6.
4. Naylor WP, Manor RC. Fabrication of a flexible prosthesis for the edentulous scleroderma patient with microstomia. J. Prosthet Dent. 1983;50(4):536-8.
5. Yunus N, Rashid AA, Azmi LL, Abu Hassan MI. Some flexural. Properties of a nylon denture base polymer. J Oral Rehabil. 2005; 32:65-71.
6. Lowe LG. Flexible denture flanges for patients exhibiting undercut tuberosities and reduced width of the buccal vestibule: a clinical report. J. Prosthet Dent., 2004; 92(2):128-131.
7. Phoenix RD, Mansueto MA, Ackerman NA, Jones RE: Evaluation of mechanical and thermal properties of commonly used denture base resins. Journal of Prosthodontic, 2004; 13(1):17-27.
8. Parvizi A, Lindquist T, Schneider R. Comparison of the Dimensional Accuracy of Injection-Molded Denture Base Materials to that of Conventional Pressure-Pack Acrylic Resin. Journal of Prosthodontics 2004; 13(2):83-9.
9. Kutsch VK, Whitehouse J, Schermerhorn K, Bowers R. The evolution and advancement of dental thermoplastic. Dental Town Magazine. 2003.
10. Antonelli JR, Hottel TL. The "flexible augmented flange technique" for fabricating complete denture record bases. Quintessence Int. 2001;32(5):361-4.